Saturday 29 March 2008

ALBUM ART & CD COVER DESIGN - CLIENT BRIEF

Before I go into detail, just a quick summary of my whereabouts at the moment:

The last few posts including this one have been created using an extremely old laptop in the quiet suburbs of Gibraltar. I am currently in my Great Aunts house and have been searching the internet for the last hour or so whilst indulging myself in one of her famous mixed paella's and a delightful sangria. It is a strange contrast using this sort of technology in a traditional beautiful Spanish house. I can only feel guilty using this equipment when I should be exploring the rocky monkey ridden great rock of Gibraltar.

So onto the point of this post:

I fell upon this interesting blog post on album artwork design and Cd cover design being aimed at the college market.

http://www.cddesign.com/covertalk/archives/2006/07/

The article discusses how companies prove to be taking advantage of college or school students because of our apparent "unawareness" of cost and love for music.
I also find this to be an interest article in response to the client brief because the main digital requirement I am currently working on for my client is an album / mix tape.

No comments: